Monday, June 30, 2014

One Week

Dear family,

Time is running out..and I’m still unable to really put my thoughts together on how I really feel....  It’s kinda like two years ago leaving home all over again.  No idea what to expect, no idea what the future holds, no idea what is up next....  It’s hard to describe, and to think when I first started my mission all I wanted to do was finish it...and then this week...the most said sentence I have said is, “I just am so so so so glad that I came.  I can’t imagine where I would be if I hadn’t.” Coming to Ghana has been the best decision that I have ever made.  There is nothing in this world that should stop people from choosing to serve a mission.




(So...some background for this next paragraph.)  Someone visiting our ward last Sunday brought a guest with them.  It turns out that he serves in the Ghana Accra mission presidency and was here for some training.  He knew Taylor and told me that he would be at the Mission office next Tuesday to tell Taylor goodbye.  I so badly wanted to hand him something that was obviously from our house for him to give to Taylor as he was leaving to shock Taylor...but I couldn’t get him anything fast enough.  Good thought though!  So, I just sent Taylor this photo this morning.)



Mom with Brother Labinjo in Alpine!!
Yeah...so Mom, that picture was crazy!  I can’t believe that you met him!  What are the chances?  I see him like every week, he lives down the road from us.  Anyway that’s really funny because that week we were in quite the predicament because of him.  Some things require an interview by the mission presidency before they can be baptized, so he was scheduled to do one for the sisters on Wednesday.....then we get a call from a 801 number.....”yeah I’m in America”....kinda funny...but I realized then that he was in Utah.  He is a cool guy:).

QUESTIONS....

What are your plans for this week?
-well we didn’t get to go to the ‘art market’ last week because we had some people to go and visit, so we are going this week.  Other than that lots of finding, maybe some packing.  I don't know...try and make it as normal of a week as I can.

What happens when you go home? Do you go to the office for a night?
-well I have an interview with President Heid, we go to the temple, have a going home dinner/testimony meeting, then to the air port.  No over night unless you are in a far area, which I’m not.

How is the new President?
-never met him...I will just meet him for that interview and then tell him good bye.

How was it having President Judd leave?
-strange....  President Heid got in on Saturday afternoon, so President Judd was no longer the president. Sunday Pres. Judd came to our ward for sacrament meeting. That was cool and really pretty strange though.  Just a different feeling talking with him.  We keep telling ourselves that he liked us the best...so thats why he came to  our ward ;)

Did you have a good time at the art market?
-didn’t go last week...going this week though.

Will you get a p-day next week?
-yeah, it will be the day before I go.  No real plans yet, hopefully something kinda fun though.  Met this guy that is super in to biking and wants me to come with him.  But where he wants to go is kinda far, so I don't think we can make it.

Taylor with Elder Clarke
Planning a dinner for you when you get home...any suggestions?  Zack told me that there better not be one piece of rice in the house when he gets home, so we will not be having rice.
-yeah no rice, anything else sounds fine.   I want a chocolate chip cookie though.  A soft one.

Is there food that you would like to have when you get here?  Anything you are craving?
- I have no idea.  Maybe you should just give me some money and the car keys and I’ll go shopping for food :)

How were you able to serve someone this week?
-well I fixed someones chairs...  They had a couple of rusty stools that they had found over the weeks so that was kinda fun.  They didn't think I could do it... totally proved them wrong.

Spiritual moments this week:
-kinda reflecting on my mission during study time.  Again I’m drawn to Ammon, and I think the way he closes his first mission is about as closely as I can relate about how I currently feel.....”Now if this is boasting, even so will I boast; for this is my life and my light, my joy and my salvation, and my redemption from everlasting wo. Yea, blessed is the name of my God, who has been mindful of this people, who are a branch of the tree of Israel, and has been lost from its body in a strange land (you can say that again); yea, I say, blessed be the name of my God, who has been mindful of us, wanderers in a strange land.

Now my brethren, we see that God is mindful of every people, whatsoever land they may be in; yea, he numbereth his people, and his bowels of mercy are over all the earth. Now this is my joy, and my great thanksgiving; yea, and I will give thanks unto my God forever. Amen.

Funny stuff:
-I attached a picture that may make you laugh...I hope it’s ok...I don't know...






Well, I love you all so much.  It’s strange to be done.  It’s crazy and weird, but also pretty darn awesome!  I don’t really have the option of staying in Ghana and continuing to serve, but I do really look forward to returning to my home and striving to be a blessing to my family and to others by continuing to do all that I can to “bring the souls of men unto [Christ]” (3 Nephi 28:10).

I don’t want to return home and “rest.”  Rest is lame, rest is always for latter and I am excited to see whats next. 

Love you all so much,

Elder Bradshaw
Soon to be Taylor:)


No comments:

Post a Comment