Wednesday, June 4, 2014

One of those weeks that just 'Come and Go'

Dear family,

Not quite sure what to say this week.....  It was one of those weeks that kinda just come and go... 

Its crazy how some weeks you seem to have so much to say then the very next week it feels as if nothing has happened at all.  Honestly I have no idea what to say.....so sorry thing is so lame. 

Really nothing too interesting happened this week.  My companion was sick so we were in the house quite a bit this week which absolute kills me!  It actually got me in a really really bad mood this week, It took me lower than I have been in a while.  It was tough, but it was great to see that my foundation is beginning to change.  One of my favorite things that I have learned on my mission is about our spiritual foundations.....  Helaman 5:12

 "And now, my sons, remember, remember that it is upon the rock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your foundation; that when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and his mighty storm shall beat upon you, it shall have no power over you to drag you down to the gulf of misery and endless wo, because of the rock upon which ye are built, which is a sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall."

I didn't understand the scripture all that much, or I guess it didn't really mean all that much to me until I found a way to find out my spiritual foundation.....  When we really look at it we are all built upon a foundation, some it may be family, others food, money, sports, music whatever it is, we are all built on something, that something above all else is what brings us comfort and solace in our times of need.  President Judd once told me, "we can find out our spiritual foundations by when we are having a hard day, where we turn for peace." 

Over the last months and even getting to years now I have learned a lot of counterfeit foundations that I formerly been built on, things that took that precious spot of Christ in my life where I would turn on a hard day.  In my opinion one of the biggest reasons that we are asked to come on missions is to first learn our counterfeit foundations and then most importantly, learn to remove those foundations and replace them with the sure and flawless foundation of Christ.  I am where I am, doing what I am, to first learn how to rely on God and then to help others to do the same. 

There is nothing in life, no matter how good it is that can or ought to replace the foundation of Christ that we all so desperately need, not our families, even thought they are awesome, not our friends, not anything.  It took me a long time to figure out, and I am still not all that good with it, but Christ is the only thing that can fill that position at all times and in all things.  Friends change, money is lost or taken, family is on the other half of the world, food is turned into a gelatinous blob and named fu-fu, eventually there is nothing left but Christ.....but I know with all my heart that he is always there, and that he always will be there.  He helps in all aspects of everything we pass through, no matter the size.  This week I can't tell you why I was in a downer mood, I just was.  Nothing seemed to cheer me up....  No matter what I did, I still seemed under the weather.  The only that was there for me to turn to was my knees and my scriptures, as I did though...He built me up, He lifted me, He strengthened me, and He helped me to be happy.  I love my Heavenly Father. I know he is there, and everyday he gives and does all that he can to help me to make him more of what I am built upon.  

Transfers:  nothing really happened, still in Haatso, five more weeks to go....

 I think the funniest part of my week was getting his symptoms for his "sickness",
and I quote...

Me:  man how you feelin?
Elder:  you know in Terminator when he punches that guy so hard in the chest that his heart stops
Me: "well no",
Elder:  huhhhh, well he did, and it feels like he did the same to me only he missed my heart so it didn't kill me Me: okay, anything else?
Elder: yeah it feels like either a small snake slid down my throat and bit it or that someone slid a sword down there and cut the whole thing open   
me: Okay no problem, I'll report it then.
Man I about died!  That was the best way ever to call and describe how your companion is feeling sick ha ha. 

Well things are going well, next week should be a little more interesting of an email.

Love you all so so much, you're one awesome family!

Love you all,

Elder Bradshaw

No comments:

Post a Comment