Tuesday, February 18, 2014

I'm singing

Dear Family,

Weeks are just flying by!  Still not quite sure when I'll be back, but I am thinking that by the next two weeks we should most definitely know.  If you could get the exact date that the Fall semester at Utah State will start it would be much appreciated! 

Anyway I had a pretty sweet week!  A lot of really spiritual days, lots of work this past week but it was a good one. 

Monday we didn't really do much.

Tuesday we had a zone meeting, leadership council, and then a half day exchange to take some people to an interview, which I'll talk more about in a minute.

Wednesday I was on an exchange all day with Elder Kidd to evaluate some stuff.

Thursday another half day exchange to open up the university. 

Friday was a pretty normal day.

Saturday we had a wedding to attend at the chapel for a little bit, then all of our usual P.E.C. meetings in the evening.

Man I am tired, but it was also a really good week.  I am happy with the work that we were able to get done in our area.  Still not all that pleased with our people...but I think I pretty well know by now that right before I leave well find some good ones;). Ha ha. 

We actually found a really cool family this past week...one that I was really prompted to contact, and it was one of those investigators that you just instantly fall in love with.  I know that sounds weird, but it happens sometimes.  They are a family of five boys, all out there working with their father to sell the pineapples that they had just harvested off their family farm.  They are dirt poor, but they had so much pride in their work.  Each of the five boys had their own personal assignment.  One to take the money, one to pick the pineapple, one to hold the bag while the dad cut the pineapple into it. It was refreshing to see someone, no matter how un-glamorous the job was...taking pride in it and doing it to the best of their ability.  It was a father who was teaching his kids the importance of work.  It reminded me of my father, and it really hit me hard.  Anyway keep Derrick and the boys in your prayers:).
 
Mail?
- I got a dear Elder from Grandma and Grandpa Bradshaw
 
Spiritual time of the week?
This week after our leadership council finished,  Elder Kidd and Elder Johnson were deep into our area, and far from being able to quickly come back.  So, while they did I had the opportunity to spend a bit of time teaching again with Elder Honour. This specific night they had scheduled special interviews for a few of their candidates and we had the great opportunity to stay with them while they waited for their turn to talk with President Labinjo. While we waited in the chapel, we decided to sing some hymns with the missionaries and investigators that were also waiting.  We would pick a song, for example, 'We thank Thee of God for a Prophet', teach about prophets and then sing the song. I am a horrible singer...but that night I about skipped the entire way home. The spirit filled that room with a force that really hit home for me.

It was amazing to see the subtle anxiety that each of the investigators had before they went to meet with President and as they came out...that anxiety being completely gone, and only the look of the purest joy on their faces. Some of them came out crying.  Others came and bore their testimony of how true the church was and how they were so happy and grateful for the chance they had been given to become a member.  Others explained quietly that for the first time in years they finally felt released from a prison that they had prayed every night to be released from. It was such an incredible experience.  It was such a blessing to be there!  It was such a testimony builder of how much the atonement of Jesus Christ truly does work.  I know it does, I have seen it in my life, and in the lives of countless others. I am so grateful for the opportunity I have to share that news with them that I know to be true!

Campus experience?
-its hard!  This was our first week of working there and it was tough!  The people are there, but they don't care to talk to you.  They are all too busy at all the campus parties stuff like that. 

Taking care of yourself?
-yeah, Im trying to:)

Pday?
tonight we have FHE on campus with all the members that are also students.  So that will be weird, but also really good.  Working with members is absolutely essential on campus.

What are you learning right now?
-I am studying a lot about pure knowledge right now.  How to obtain that knowledge independent of any other source, things like that.  I feel really prompted to study it, and even when I don't really want to study it.  I want to study something else because my mind hurts so much I start reading somewhere else...and it takes me right back to the same topic.

Well sorry for such a lame letter this week.  My mind feels fried!  I am doing well though and I love you all so much!

Love you all,

Elder Bradshaw

No comments:

Post a Comment