Monday, December 2, 2013

White Christmas

Hello Family


Sorry this is going to be so short.  We had a lot to do and I had to do some other things online today, surveys and what not...so I only have a few minutes...but I promise to get a good email out next week!  
Anyway, I love you all so so much!  It is always so so good to hear that everyone is doing well.  I, myself am doing great, I'm tired but I guess that means I am doing something right.  President once said, "if you have trouble falling asleep that means your not working hard enough!"  Lets just say I have no trouble falling asleep at night:).  

This week was fun.  We had our first missionary devotional, which will be happening each Friday from now on.  It's a plan we organized with the bishop to not only get new investigators into the church on a less conflicting time, but a plan to retain new converts and less actives.  I am thoroughly convinced that if you can get someone into the chapel, they will feel something different...if they allow themselves to...and that something will drive them back to the church on Sunday.  This week we watched 'The Work and The Glory', it was pretty awesome!  We had a great showing.  We had about 10 recent converts, a few members and one of our new investigators with his less-active brother, who were then at church on Sunday as well!  It was great.  The bishop was thrilled with it, and everyone loved it!  The investigator was so impressed with how the same problems the church is encountering today (rumors, etc.) was exactly what they were experiencing from the beginning.  His name is Meshack, by the way, and he is going to be baptized on the 25 of December!:) 

Our apartment is organizing a "White Christmas", well lots of white clothes at least:).  Hopefully.  I am really excited about it!  I had a realization with the whole Thanksgiving thing and realized the same to be true about Christmas.  I will have every year in forever to enjoy myself on Christmas by eating fancy food and sitting around with family and opening presents...but when else am I going to have the opportunity to stand in the baptismal font with my hand to the square and help to give one of my brothers and sisters the greatest gift of all time?!  I love this work and I know it to be true!  I love being here, and love my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. 

Sorry its short, if you haven't sent my last package yet I need a black belt... mine fell apart.  And this time maybe a bit smaller, and not one that is shiny.  One likes dads.

Love you all

Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment