Monday, December 23, 2013

Afehyia Pa or...Merry Christmas!

Afehyia Pa, or Merry Christmas,

I cannot believe that is time for Christmas again!  The time is flying by...like I can't even explain!  Its exciting but at the same time make me sad.  The things that I am learning, the experiences I am having, the spirit I am feeling, the people that I am interacting with, they are just unparalleled by anything else!  I know I will still have all of this back home but I just can't imagine it being at the same level.  The way we live as missionaries is amazing!  At first for me it was hard, but now as I look at the blessing and the spirit that come from living exactly how I have been asked, seems like the smallest sacrifice.  It's a tiny price to pay for the reward we receive. 
Anyway, this week I received my Christmas packages!  Thank you all so so much!  I got one from Grandma and Grandpa Bradshaw, one from the Dew family, and I got the ones that Mom and Dad sent.  I got a dear elder letter from Grandma and Grandpa Bradshaw, and a mystery letter.....?  My guess is Grandma Palmer, but it was sent from Maine and signed "Mom", it was a bit wet, well really wet so that threw me off as well... so no idea on that one....?  But thank you EVERYONE so so much for all the letters and cards, I have read a few but am saving them mostly for Christmas:).  That was the best part!!  And Mom and Dad, thank you so much for sending some things for my companion....  That truly was the best part of my package this year.  Not going to lie as I sat there holding it I had some thoughts of just keeping it for myself, I don't know what is in there but I know it will be good, I looked at my pile of packages in the corner and looked at him there, happy, but with nothing.  I gave it to him...and at first he thought I was just letting him look at it but when I told him it was his, he didn't really know how to react...  He took it, thanked me and as he walked out of the room, I head him say, "now it's Christmas!", there was a little tear shed from both of us that night.  Giving truly is the greatest gift of Christmas.


The Ansah family.  Bro. Ansah's baptism day, being baptized by his oldest son.  Sis. Ansah will be baptized on Christmas.
 
Speaking of the greatest gift I could receive this year.... I had this picture in my inbox this week:) :).  I don't think you will recognize this family...they are the family that I just loved back in Koforidua...but that is Blessed Ansah being baptized by his oldest son this past week:).  He was then given the Priesthood and will be baptizing his wife on Christmas!  This work is amazing!  
 


Explain some of the photos you sent...
 
You with your two trainees...how fun is that???  Was that at your Christmas conference?  How did that go.  How is Elder Mc Donald?
 
Elder McDonald...Taylor (Elder Bradshaw)...and Elder Nondala

-yeah that was at Christmas Conference.  Spending Christmas with the mission family:).  Elder McDonald is doing great!  His shoes are destroyed but he is doing well ha ha.  The greatest thing to take on a mission is Eccos, just in case anyone asks!

You with a thumbs-up with a guy with his shirt off...you both look super happy!
 
Taylor with his new favorite investigator...'Fat Albert'
 
-That's Fat Albert, my favorite investigator.  He likes reading all sorts of books and they keep getting in the way of him reading the Book of Mormon.  So we challenged him to read nothing but the Book of Mormon for a week and he said, "no...its just too boring!"  
 
I realized that he likes looking deep and finding things that others don't.  I had this prompting to give him my BYU Book of Mormon study guide, so we stood up in the middle of the lesson and went and got it for him.  I got a call from him the next day during the Christmas Conference.  He said that he needs a Doctrine and Covenants, and and LDS edition of the Bible AS SOON AS POSSIBLE!  He said, "I have a Bible but without all these JST's how am going to know what really is true and what was added by man?"  
 
He is awesome!  Anyway, one day after we gave it to him, despite a funeral, he had read the first 25 pages of the Book of Mormon.  Then Sunday morning I called to remind him about church, and his reply is, "you're too late, I'm already here."  Yep he was to church a whole hour early ha ha.  I love that guy!  He calls me every night just to say..."Elder Bradshaw, this book is amazing!"

You and comp? with two other African's...one with glasses and yellow tie

Taylor with Patriarch Ahadjie, his grandson Prince and Elder Nondala

-Patriarch Ahadjie, and his grandson Prince that we baptized.  He is a black version of Grandpa Bradshaw.  The baptism was in November...I only interviewed him but it was so spiritual!
 

At the baptism of Prince...Can you find Taylor?


QUESTIONS FOR YOU:

Are you doing any Christmas-y things? 
-I think I am going to make us all a sweet breakfast:)

Okay about out of time, Love you all so much!  Talk to you soon:). 
 
Merry Christmas,

Elder Bradshaw

No comments:

Post a Comment